The RBI guidelines on electronic wallets make it compulsory for all the wallet providers to get the KYC’s of their users done. This will help in curbing identity theft, fraud and money laundering. It will also increase the efficiency of the financial system in the nation. Linking Aadhaar to your Paytm account is mandatory to complete the KYC. In case you fail to complete the KYC for Paytm account, you will be unable to transfer money into other wallets or bank accounts. Linking Aadhaar to your Paytm account will allow you to keep more than ten thousand rupees in your wallet.
Simple steps to link the Aadhaar card to the Paytm account online:
- Go to play store and download the Paytm app on your smartphone. On opening the app you will see an option ‘get your KYC done’ popping up, choose this option and after that click on the proceed button.
- After this, you will be directed to next page where you will have to fill your Aadhaar card number. There will be a checkbox that you ‘agree to terms and conditions’, click on it.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to fill up your name as in the aadhaar card.
- You will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number, on the next screen you will be asked to fill that OTP. After filling the OTP, you will be directed to next screen. On this screen all your Aadhaar details will be displayed, you will have to confirm it. Proceed after confirming the details.
- After that, on the next screen some other personal details like your marital status, PAN card number, parent’s name etc will be asked, fill the details and select the proceed button.
- The app will now ask you to link your bank account to the Paytm BHIM UPI address. You will have to select your bank now. Once you will select your bank you will receive an OTP from your bank. Enter the OTP in the allotted field.
- This will make your Paytm BHIM UPI ID, your mobile number@paytm will be your ID.
- You have successfully finished KYC.
Visit KYC centre:
- Go to the menu option of your Paytm app and select ‘nearby’ option.
- After that click on ‘complete KYC’, a list of all the KYC centres in your vicinity will be displayed.
- Visit any KYC centre with your Aadhaar card and PAN card. Your full KYC will be done instantly at the centre.
Benefits of linking Aadhaar to your account:
- If you complete your KYC it will allow you to keep a balance of up to one lakh rupees in your wallet.
- Users who have completed the KYC can transfer money to other wallets and bank accounts easily.
- After completing your KYC you can open your saving accounts with the Paytm payment bank.
- After completing your KYC you can enjoy a number of discounts and paybacks on Paytm.